The purpose of this visa is to travel to Italy as a tourist, either by taking a trip organised by a tour operator, or through individual booking of tickets and accommodation.
A Schengen visa only allows foreign nationals to visit Italy and the other Schengen countries for up to 90 days.
Please note that applicants will also be charged a service fee of Euro 30 per application (charged in local currency) which must be paid in cash when you attend the visa application centre.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee (Euro)||Visa fee (PKR)|
|Schengen Visa (Children 6 to 12 years of age)||35||4740|
|Schengen Visa (Children under 6 years of age)||0||0|
Visa and service fees must be paid in cash at the visa application centres.
The above mentioned fees are effective from 28 September 2018.
The visa and service fees are paid in Pakistan Rupees and are calculated using the Embassy of Italy’s consular exchange rate.
Please click here for a list of documents required.
Please note that all documents should be in original and if you require it to be returned to you a photocopy must also be submitted.
Important: Please note that applications with an incomplete set of documents will not be accepted
The photo must:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on high quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colour
- be 35–40 mm in width
- be maximum 6 months old and resemble the applicant
- be taken with the applicant facing the camera directly, against a light background
- show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face must occupy 70–80 % of the picture.
- show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair must not cover the eyes.
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses must not be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there must be no reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed, provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible
- shadows on the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth for meeting these requirements is available at the visa application centre.
The Embassy of Italy requires all applicants to apply at least 30 days in advance of their intended travel date. Applications that have a travel date of less than 30 days in advance will not be accepted.